Gorumahisani Iron Ore Mines
Gorumahisani is located18 kms from the town of Rairangpur in district Mayurbhanj in eastern Orissa.
- This was the mother mine based on which TATA’s Steel Plant at Jamshedpur was set up in 1904.
- Gorumahisani iron ore mines occupy an important place in history as being the first iron ore mine of India, and second of south-east Asia. The first excavated iron ore boulder is still at display at the mines.
- Has on of the highest grade materials in eastern India (Fe content of 64% - 66% ).
- Has its own railway siding (Station name – Gorumahisani, SE Railways).
- GMS deploys more than 4000 labors.